Family Office Advisory is an area of special focus for us.
MAS assists families in managing all aspects of their investment programs. Families typically call upon MAS to assist them with matters of special concern to them. Questions regarding fees, commitment terms, and quality of investment management usually trigger families’ calls to us.
MAS seeks to align families’ portfolios with objectives. Reviewing portfolios often leads to material changes in investment managers and service providers.
Investment Portfolio Services
- Assessment of key service providers, including asset managers, private banks, and multifamily offices.
- Evaluation of appropriateness of fees paid, compared to market practices and value added.
- Portfolio analysis and reconciliation with investment goals
- Assessment of investment strategies of all types
- Operational due diligence
- Reviews of partnership agreements
- Assessment of investment managers
Portfolio Management Services
- Analysis of All Investments
- Portfolio Construction
- Manager Selection and Monitoring
- Complex Real Estate Strategy Analysis
- Risk Management
- Liquidity Planning
- Tax Analysis for Portfolio Holdings
- Variable Annuities versus Outright Holdings
- Trust/Estate matters review
- Disinterested Trustee Services
- Financial education of family members as requested
- Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Expense Management
- Contract Review
- Staff Review and Career Development
- Assessment of service providers
- Service Provider Coordination: Audit/Administration/Tax/Investments